One of the most popular dishes on street food vendors is “Stir-fried Crispy Pork with chilies and holy basil" In Thai called "Phad Krapaow Mou Krob". (Please follow the link for see how to make crispy pork) There are any versions such as minced pork, chicken, beef, Shrimp, Squid, Seafood, Preserved Egg etc.. There are no so hot and you can ask for more or less chili and It is served on hot streamed rice and most of the time we loved to topped with a fried egg. Though usually you have to ask for this "khai dow" and you will have to pay extra about 5-10 THB. Without the fried egg, you might still be able to find this dish for 30-40 baht..but this price is not for the Patong Beach. ;P
Well let’s see what do we need to cooking this food and it time for lunch…*,*
- 150 grs crispy pork, sliced about 1 cm
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped,
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sweet black soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 handful fresh holy basil
- 1 tbsp chilies chopped
- A little of ground white pepper
- A little white sugar to taste
- Turn on the stove, poor vegetable oil in a wok and heat until the oil is hot,
- Then stir in the garlic, chilies stir until fragrant.
- Adding the sliced crispy pork and continue Stir until mix well.
- Add sweet soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, pepper over the mixture and stir-fry another seconds.
- Then add fresh basil leaves. Stir and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving plate. And served with steamed rice and fried egg.
Note: You can add more vegetables such as carrot, string bean, long bean, baby corn as extra ingredients.