Noodles In Gravy Thai called "Rad Nah" is one of Thai street food. It is made with stir-fried wide rice noodles, a form of meat such as chicken, beef, pork, seafood or tofu and Kale. The dish is then covered in a gravy made of stock and tapioca starch or cornstarch. It is seasoned with soy sauce, dark soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and pepper. This dish is topped with chicken, kale and carrot. This plate I do add carrot for seasons of color. Green of kale and orange of carrot make this plate looking so good…hihihihi…;P
- 100 grs of wide rice noodles
- 1 cup of Chinese kale
- 5-6 pieces of sliced carrot
- 50 grs chicken thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ cups stock or water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp yellow bean sauce
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- A pin of white or black pepper
- Slice the noodles into ½ to 1 inch wide strips. Break the clumped noodles into strands. And set a side.
- Turn on the stove on middle heat. You can use a non-stick pan of wok for fry noodles. It’s can be crunchy or soft, depend on what you like.
- Add vegetable oil, garlic and stir until fragrant add noodles and coloring with a little dark soy sauce while frying. And lets it fry until crispy. Set the cooked noodles aside.
- In a pan that is big enough to hold all the ingredients, heat up the rest of the oil.
- Add minced garlic and chicken sliced, kale, carrots. Stir for a minute or so until the chicken and vegetables is getting cook. Add stock and lets it boil.
- Add flour water. Stir quickly to keep it from forming chunks. When cooked, the flour will turn from white to clear. Add soy sauce, yellow bean sauce, sugar and continue stir. When the sauce is bubbling, it should have a consistency of thick gravy.
- Put noodles on a plates and top with the sauce. Sprinkle some ground white or black pepper. Serve hot.
Note: In Thailand, Rad Nah is served with sugar, fish sauce, peppers pickled in white vinegar and ground chili pepper for your personal taste. The addition of vinegar with peppers adds a lot of dynamics to the final flavor. You can make your own vinegar with slice pepper. Just pour vinegar over and let it sit for few minutes or days.