Fried rice is made from cold rice or leftover streamed rice. The use of leftover rice and other leftover ingredients is common when cooked at home. The oil may be seasoned with aromatics such as garlic before the rice and other ingredients are stir fried together in a wok. The non-rice ingredients used in fried rice are greatly varied. They can include eggs, meat (chicken, beef, or pork), seafood (shrimp or squid), vegetables (carrots, broccoli, bean sprouts, celery, peas, corn), mushrooms, spices and peppers, and soy sauce. The base or vegetable fried rice does not contain any meat or seafood; others are named for the primary addition (e.g. "chicken fried rice" or "shrimp fried rice"). Other "house" versions may contain several meats and seafoods. It is often stir-fried in a wok with vegetable oil as well as for flavor. It is popularly eaten either as an accompaniment to another dish, or as a course by itself. Popular garnishes include spring onion and coriander leaves, and sliced cucumber.
Many food stands found on the streets across Southeast Asia serve fried rice with a selection of garnishes and side dishes that the customer can choose to add.
Here I have for you another version of fried rice are chicken fried rice. This is a great way to make use of your leftover rice.
- 1cups leftover streamed rice
- 50 gr. Chicken, cut into bite-size
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 eggs
- 1 spring onions plant, chopped
- 1 spring onion
- ½ tbsp onion, diced
- A bunch fresh parsley (option)
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 lime, wedged
- 1 red pepper, slice (option)
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Place oil in a wok, add garlic and stir-fry over medium-high heat until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add chicken and stir fry until cooked thoroughly.
- Crack egg into the wok. Break up the egg and continue stir, when nearly cook.
- Add onion diced, spring onion chopped and continue stir 1 minute.
- Then add the rice. Stir fry, keeping the heat medium-high.
- Add fish sauce, sugar and continue to stir for another 1-2 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Before serving, top with parsley and red pepper and place cucumber, spring onion plant and lemon besides the fried rice.
- Thai people love to serve Fried Rice with chopped chilies in Fish Sauce and fried egg for better taste.