Pleurotus eryngii also known as king trumpet mushroom, French horn mushroom, king oyster mushroom, is an edible mushroom native to Mediterranean regions of Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa, but also grown in parts of Asia.
In Italian it is called cardoncello; in Chinese, it is called xìng bào gū (杏鮑菇, lit. "almond abalone mushroom"), cì qín gū (刺芹菇, lit. "stab celery mushroom"), or cì qín cè ěr (刺芹側耳, lit. "stab celery side ear"); in Japanese, it is called eringi (katakana: エリンギ).
And this Stir-fried Eringi Mushroom with shrimp is a part of global cuisine nowadays though it is belived to have its origin in the Chinese cuisine. It is not only delicious but also a well known low carb food. Throughout the world Asian shrimp mushroom stir fry is usually prepared by fry. The fact that Asian shrimp mushroom stir fry tastes savor makes it a favorite main dish of many. Asian shrimp mushroom stir fry can also be considered as lifestyle food, given that it is vegetarian. Most cooks classify this dish as very easy to prepare.
- 450 g fresh shrimp,
- 150 g eryngii mushroom
- ½ cup of spring onion, cut 2” length
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- A pin of pepper
- Wash clean eryngii mushroom (oyster mushrooms) or wipe the mushrooms with wet clean cloth if there is not much dirt and cut into site bite.
- Clean and remove the shrimp shell but leave the tails for good appearance.
- Then cut open the back of each shrimp to remove the veins.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat. Wait until the oil is smoky, and then add minced garlic and shrimp for fry until turn to pink.
- Add mushroom, oyster sauce, soy sauce and water and all ingredients in the wok.
- Stir quickly for 2-3 minutes then turn down the heat.
- Transfer to a serving place. Sprinkle with spring onion and pepper.
- Serve immediately with hot steamed rice….enjoy ka!! ^.^