This soup is something long time ago when I was a child my aunt and grandmother like to cook this soup at home and especially for all of us. My aunt like using Chinese stuff, like dried wood ear fungi, bean curd stick (tofu skin). This beancurd stick is delicious and gives a chewy texture, and also Dried golden needles is the edible species of a flower’s bud. Dried golden needle vegetable contains rich lecithin and to be a ‘good brain food’. and they’re often using together. Especially with this soup in Thailand. And today I have chanced to cooking this recipe again for my Japannese guest. Who staying with us as a home stay guest. And here what we need...
- 50 g. Vermicelli
- 10 g. dried wood ear fungi,
- 10 g. bean curd stick (tofu skin)
- 10 g. dried golden needles.
- 100 g. ground pork
- 10 g. Coriander root
- 3 glove minced garlic
- 7 glove minced garlic (for stir fry)
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- A handful of Spring Onion and Coriander leave cut 1” length
How to cook:
- Heat oil in a wok medium heat, Wait until the oil is smoky, then add minced garlic and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until turn yellow and favors. Do not let’ it turn golden or brown because when we lets it cold fried garlic will turn golden brown by themselves....if like that fried garlic will become dark (burned)
- Soak dried wood ear fungi, bean curd stick (tofu skin), dried golden needles and vermicelli in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain and pad it dry.
- Heat soup or water in a pot over medium heat , add together minced garlic, chopped coriander root, ground pepper and let soup it boil for 10 minutes.
- Add minced pork by knead into small pieces of round shape like pork balls.
- Add soaked dried wood ear fungi, bean curd stick (tofu skin), dried golden needles together.
- Add light soy sauce, fish sauce and seasoning to taste. Lets it boil 2-3 minutes.
- Add soaked Vermicelli, lets it boil and turn off the stove.
- Place in serving blow and sprinkle with fried garlic and Spring Onion and Coriander leave cut and a little bit of ground pepper.
- Serve hot as a noodle soup or with hot steamed rice.