This menu I adapted from shrimp in tamarind sauce. I using fresh and smoked salmon for this recipe. I grilled salmon first and then cook a Tamarind sauce after. Then poor the sauce on top of the grilled salmon. Be sure not to overcook the salmon. Grilled salmon is ready when it flakes easily with a fork. Instructions for baking salmon are also included. The marinade is the best salmon marinade you will ever taste. The salmon marinade is also delicious on other seafood, as well as chicken and beef.
- 1 fillet salmon
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- A pin of black pepper cracked
- A pin of Aromas
- 2 tbsp fried shallot
- 1 tbsp fried garlic
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar palm
- ½ tsp chopped chilli
- ¼ cup tamarind juice
- coriander leaves (for garnishing)
How to cook:
- Place salmon fillets in a in a medium bowl, add olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, aromas and combine all the ingredients together.
- Whisk together well. Marinate the salmon fillets in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add marinate salmon on to lightly oil the grill grates.
- Grill the salmon for 10 minutes on a medium hot grill, or until salmon just flakes with a fork. Turn salmon over halfway through grilling. Turn off the stove and set aside.
- Heat a pot over low heat, add the tamarind juice, fish sauce, and sugar palm.
- Stir until the sauce is thickened. Then add chilli, shallot and garlic.
- Stir until all ingredients mixed well.
- Place hot steamed rice on serving place topped with grilled salmon.
- Pour the tamarind sauce over the grilled salmon.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and fry chili and serve immediately.
Enjoy ka!! ^^