Thai Dancing Shrimp or Spicy shrimp eaten alive Salad. We serving the live shrimp salad in cold sake, then add northestern-east ingredients salad style and squeeze lemon juice and dry chili pepper on their exposed flesh. The meal is prepared quickly to keep the shrimp still alive, usually dunked into sake in order to intoxicate the shrimp…so they would writhe or 'dance' while being eaten alive…
- 1 cup very fresh live baby shrimp.
- 1 tbsp coarsely ground dried red chili
- 1 tbsp roasted sticky rice powder
- 1 tbsp lemongrass sliced
- 1 tbsp Kaffir lime leaves sliced
- 1 tbsp shallot sliced
- 1 tbsp spring onion chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Seasoning powder or monosodium glutamate
- To prepare baby shrimp bring to clean in a water
- Arrange baby fresh shrimp In a bowl
- Add lemongrass sliced, kaffir lime leaves sliced, shallot sliced, ground dried red chili, roasted sticky rice powder, fish sauce and seasoning powder and quickly mixed together…to taste..
- Arrange Dancing Shrimp into serving plate and sprinkle with spring onion chopped, cilantro chopped and mint leaves.
- Serve immediately with cover and fresh vegetable.