This Thai cucumber relish or A-jaad we called. It’s slightly simple sweet in vinegary syrup. A condiments to Thai dishes. We particularly like to serve them with fish cake, satay and a few dishes in the Thai-Muslim cuisine as a Thai yellow curry chicken etc.
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp shallot, thinly sliced
- 1-2 red spur chilies cut into short length
- Coriander for sprinkle
- Cook vinegar and sugar in small saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Let it cool.
- In a small serving bowl add sliced cucumbers, sliced shallots and red spur chilies.
- Pour boiled vinegar mixture over that and mix well.
- Spoon into a small serving cup to accompany spicy fish cakes or satay, Khanom Pang Na Mou, Thai yellow curry chicken etc.