Poo Dong is a Crab Pickled. Thai recipe is spicy salad style, we just need more time to pickle crab for 24 hours or over the night before cooking. Then other 30 minutes in freeze before cook. After pickled the crabs meat is similar to gelatin. It’s sound interesting??? And more special that can keep for more than a month before cook. The dish is famous and often found serve for eaten with alcoholic drinks for Thai people same as Goong Chae Nam Pla (Raw White Prawns with Spicy Fish Sauce).
- 1 kg. fresh crabs.
- 1 cup of fish sauce
- 1 cup of boiled water
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp sea salt
Ingredients for salad sauce:
- 1 tbsp chili chopped
- 2 head of peel garlic finely slices
- 1 tbsp of Cordial root chopped
- 4 tbsp of lime water
- 1 tsp palm sugar
Preparation for Crabs:
- Bring fresh sea crabs clean well and let’s dry under room temperature.
- Than bring fresh crabs put in plastic bag one by one. Then bring fresh crab in plastic bag to be immersed in freezer about 1 hour.
Preparation for pickle:
- Heat fish sauce, water, sugar and sea salt in a pot over medium heat until boiled.
- Then turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Bring crab in plastic bag out from freezer and out from plastic bag put in container for fermented.
- Poor pickle sauce onto the crab to provide flood and cover the container and bring into freeze again over the night. And we can cook...
Preparation for salad sauce:
- Before make salad we need to put crab pickled in freezer for other 30 minutes.
- Mixed all the ingredients for salad sauce, taste and seasoning...then...