Spicy Shrimp Salad or Larb Goong is a Thai style salad. I adapt from larb mou and larb pla meuk. This is a dish of spicy served as a snack at parties or at home with beer or whisky. You might have a beer and pizza or peanut. But Thai people would love to have a beer with Thai spicy salad style or Tom Yam Soup. The taste of chilli make hot and sour from lime, it’s made your mouth watering. This plate just a medium hot.
- 500 g Shrimp
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp roasted sticky rice powder
- 3 tbsp finely chopped spring onion
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp coarsely ground dried red chilli
- ½ cup coarsely chopped shallot
- 1 cup water (or chicken stock)
- 2 wedges green cabbage
- 5 green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
How to Cook:
- Heat water in a pot until boiling.
- Clean and remove the shrimp shell but leave the tails (for good appearance).
- Then cut open the back of each shrimp to remove the veins.
- Spoon into boiling water for 1 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked shrimp to a medium bowl.
- Add the shallot, spring onion, coriander, and most of the mint, reserving a few leaves for a garnish.
- Add the lime juice, fish sauce, rice powder, chilli, and sugar.
- Then stir to combine everything well.
- Before serving, garnish the serving dish with the cabbage, green bean, and mint.
- Thai people love to eat this dish with fresh vegetables.