Goong Chae Nam Pla (Raw White Prawns with Spicy Fish Sauce). The prawns should be fresh, because they will be eaten raw. The dish is famous and often found serve for eaten with alcoholic drinks for Thai people. Some restaurant serve with sliced Chinese Bitter Gourd and sliced Cabbages.
- 500 g. Prawns.
- 15 chili peppers finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 10 peeled cloves of garlic and sliced
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp cilantro root chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- Sliced cabbage or Sliced Chinese Bitter Gourd
- To prepare the prawns, clean well and remove the prawns shell but leave the tails for good appearance.
- Chop the chili finely and mix with the cilantro root chopped and garlic chopped.
- Add the fish sauce, sugar, and lime juice so that a sour taste predominates.
- Place a bed of sliced cabbage on a serving plate, and arrange the prawns on the cabbage.
- Place the peeled garlic cloves next to the prawns. Just before serving, pour the sauce over the prawns and sprinkle with mint leaves.