This fantastic Thai green curry recipe features tender, thinly-sliced pieces of beef simmered together with Varity of eggplants and red pepper (green pepper can be added too). This curry is very sumptuous - wonderful on a chilly night! The homemade green curry paste is what makes this dish sing, so don't be tempted to substitute the store-bought variety, especially when it's so easy to make from scratch, and so very flavorful and fresh-tasting. Top the curry with fresh basil and coriander, and then sit back and savor the wonderful Thai flavors and aroma this dish brings. Enjoy! (Intro: Darlene Schmidt)
- 500 g.beef
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 Thai eggplants
- 1 Purple eggplants
- A bunch of pea eggplants
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar palm
- ½ cup sweet basil leaves
- 4-5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 fresh chilies
How to Cook:
- Pour about ½ cup coconut cream (top portion of a can) in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, then add green curry paste.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed and let it boil until some oil appear on surface, stir constantly.
- When coconut cream has an oily sheen, add meat, stir well until the meat are getting cook.
- Meanwhile, add coconut milk about 2 tbsp each time (add about 3 times) and stir regularly.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, season with fish sauce and sugar, stir well, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat are tendered.
- Clean all Thai eggplants, remove stem, cut into 4-6 pieces and put into salted water (2 cups water and 1 tsp salt) to prevent oxidation.
- Wash sweet basil, chilies, and kaffir lime leaves, pat dry, pick only sweet basil leaves from stem, slice chillies, and remove central stem of kaffir lime leaves.
- When the meat are tendered, soak cut Thai eggplants, and add in a pot, stir well. (If the curry is too thick, you can add ½ - 1 cup of water in it and taste as you like.)
- Bring to boil on medium heat, add sweet basil leaves, kaffir lime leaves, and sliced chilies, stir together and remove from heat.
- Spoon the curry in a bowl and serve immediately with hot steamed rice.