We have this Thai Corn Cake or “Tod man khao pod” in Thai because corn is a staple used widely throughout Thailand, whether it's sold by street side vendors that cook it on a charcoal grille, most are made for dessert and some added to ice cream or spooned onto pizza. Here's an enjoyable fried corn snack, which would most likely be served with a sweet chile sauce for dipping. For a vegetarian omit meat.
- 2 cups cooked corn
- ¼ cup minced pork or shrimp
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp string bean, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- dipping sauce (tomato sauce, chili sauce, plum sauce, etc.)
- cooking oil
- In a big bowl, mix together corn, minced pork (or shrimp), wheat flour, red curry paste, salt, kaffir lime leave, sugar, and egg.
- Knead with hand until all ingredients mixed well.
- Spoon the mixture 2 tbsp shape into small patties about 3" in diameter and deep fry in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Remove and drain.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve immediately with prepared dipping sauce (tomato sauce, chili sauce, plum sauce, etc.) and hot steamed rice.