This Spicy Mango Salad and seafood or Yam Ma-moung Tha-la will blow you away with its tastebud-awakening flavors and mix of textures. And as a bonus, and it’s healthy. Enjoy it as a complete meal by adding cooked shrimp, squid, chicken, sausage or deep-fried tofu if you are vegetarian.
- 1 or 2 Green Mangoes
- 6 cooked medium prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 200 g squid, sausage sliced
- Handful of Coriander leaves
- 3 finely sliced shallots
- 1 - 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 2-5 hot chillies, chopped finely (add more if you like hot)
- 1 or 2 bunches of Asian Parsley
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- Juice from 1 or two limes
How to cook:
- To make the dressing: In the medium blow combine the garlic, sugar, chilies, lime juice, fish sauce, water and sliced shallots and mixed well and taste.
- Heat water in a pot until boiling.
- Then scald the squid, shrimp and sausage in boiled water for just a short time. Remove and drain.
- Transfer the cooked seafood to a big bowl.
- Add chopped mangoes, celery, dressing and toss well.
- Transfer the salad to plates. Garnish with the coriander.
- And serve immediately.