This barbecue chicken or Khai Yang is truly bursting with flavor! Marinated in a garlicky sweet and sour sauce, the chicken pieces are then easily barbecued or oven-baked to perfection. Add special homemade Thai sauce as either a dipping sauce or a glaze, and this dish will be the life of your dinner or lunch party!
- 500 grams chicken or half
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons pepper powder
- coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients (except chicken), and marinate the chicken at least 120 minutes (or overnight) in the refrigerator.
- After marinating, grill over charcoal at medium heat for 30 minutes or until cooked throughly, occasionally apply the marinate sauce to the chicken while turning over.
- Remove from grill and cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Then transfer to a serving plate, and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve immediately with chili sauce for chicken.