Many Thai families often have nam prik of some sort served with fresh vegetables. This version has tamarind as a main ingredient. And we always have fresh vegetable or boiled vegetable as a side. Taste of this nam prik should be spicy and sour by fresh tamarind. Hou…mouth watering ding..ding….I love it!
- ½ cup young fresh tamarind
- ½ cup Ground Pork
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps
- 1 tbsp shrimp paste
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- 3-10 chili (depending on spicy you like)
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Wash the tamarind in clean water, remove and drain.
- Add garlic, chilies, dried shrimps, shrimp paste, and clean tamarind and finely pound.
- Heat oil in wok over medium heat.
- Add tamarind paste and ground pork into the wok, finely stir until ground pork well done.
- Add sugar, fish sauce and taste, then turn down the heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve immediately with fresh vegetable or boiled vegetable.