If you like Thai food, you're going to fall in love with this simple but fantastic Thai stir fry recipe! This Stir-Fried Swamp Cabbage with Soya Bean Sauce or “Pad Pak Boong Fai Dang” one of the best Thai street food recipe, easy to make with typical Chinese. Fresh, healthy, crisp and just plain good, these veggies are so delicious.
- 300 grams swamp cabbage (water spinach [pak boong] or any kind of vegetable)
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-5 chilies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salted soya bean [tao-jeaw]
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- fried garlic (for garnishing)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper powder
- Wash the swamp cabbage in clean water.
- Remove and drain then cut into 2" long.
- In a big bowl, add the swamp cabbage.
- Then add garlic, chilies, oyster sauce, salted soya bean, sugar and water over the prepared vegetables.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat. Wait until the oil is smoky, then pour in all ingredients in the wok.
- Stir quickly for 15 seconds then turn down the heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish on top with fried garlic and also sprinkle with pepper powder.
- Serve immediately with hot steamed rice or rice soup.