Today we offer Red Curry Tofu and Mushroom or "Kaeng ped dtao hoo sai hed" in Thai. ThisThai inspired recipe for a basic red curry paste will go best served over steamed white rice. Though the recipe calls for tofu and mushroom you can use just about any vegetable you have on hand, and adjust the cooking time accordingly if needed. This Thai red curry recipe is both vegetarian and vegan.
- 2 tbsp fresh sweet basil
- 3-5 Thai Kaffir Lime Leaf
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 cup of mushroom
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp Palm sugar
- Heat the wok medium high heat.
- Add coconut milk stirring well,
- Add red curry paste and stirring well to mixed with coconut milk and until become red oil on top,
- Add tofu and mushroom and bring to slow simmer.
- Cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes or until veggies are well done.
- Serve as a side dish or over steamed rice if desired.