Mackerel in Dried Red Curry or Thais called “Choo-chee pla too” This recipe doesn't include vegetables, but you can try adding your own favorite vegetables to the curry and leave a comment if you come up with a good combination! Enjoy ka!
- 500 grams mackerel fish
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 400 grams coconut milk
- 1 red chilli,thinly sliced
- coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- cooking oil
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat, add coconut milk and red curry paste.
- Fry until aromatic and until the oil has clearly separated from the coconut milk.
- Add the mackerel, and season with fish sauce and sugar.
- Stir fry until the fish is cooked, then add kaffir lime leaves and stir for another 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with red chili, and coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.