Toong Thong or Thai golden bags is crispy, deep fried minced prawn and minced pork flavoured with garlic and pepper rapped in a thin spring roll pastry. Served with sweet palm sauce. They may look difficult to make but are not. A great idea if you have guests coming to your house for visit and you want to make something special. This Toong Thong can be as a appetizer or snack. Try it cos everyone will love these gorgeous Thai golden bags!
- 15 wonton wrappers
- 100 grams medium-sized shrimps, cleaned, shelled and deviened
- 100 grams minced pork
- 1 tablespoon water chestnuts, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon shitake mushroom, cut into small cubes
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coriander root, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- chinese chive leave [bai kui chai], scald in hot water and slice into a thin line for binding wonton wrappers
- sweet plum sauce or sweet chili sauce (for dipping)
- 3 cups oil for deep frying
- In a big bowl, add shrmip, pork, shitake, water chestnut, sugar, coriander root, garlic, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
- Knead until it becomes smooth paste and mixed finely together.
- Place a wonton wrapper on your palm, and put a teaspoon of prepared mixture in the center. Gather up the corners and bind together with chinese chive leave (or rice noodle which already soaked in water) to make a small bag.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Wait until hot, then deep fry for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and cooked thoroughly. Remove and drain. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve immediately with plum sauce or sweet chili sauce (and other fresh vegetables, such as cucumber, tomato, carrot, etc.)
Search for chili sauce