Thai red curry paste recipe is EASY to make from scratch. You'll never buy packaged curry pastes again once you try this recipe. Homemade curry paste makes for tastier curries, and they're much healthier too! This Red Curry Paste is the most versatile of the Thai curry pastes, being used in the widest range of dishes for excellent Thai curry and Stir Fried recipe such as Red Curry Chicken with Bamboo shoots or Stir Fried Crispy Pork With Red Curry Paste, Stir Fried Chicken With Red Curry Paste etc. including seafood curries, beef curry, vegetarian curries, and fish curry or other dishes. Check this “Red Curry Paste Recipe” and ENJOY!
- 5 dried red spur chilies, seeded and soaked
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely sliced galangal
- 1 teaspoon lemon grass, sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely sliced kaffir lime rind
- 2 teaspoon chopped coriander root
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon roasted coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- Pound together coriander seeds, cumin and peppercorn to obtain a fine paste Transfer to a bowl and put aside
- Pound dried chilies and salt together well.
- Add galangal, lemon grass, kaffir lime rind, coriander roots, garlic, shallots and pound until mixed well.
- Add the cumin mixture and shrimp paste, continue pounding until smooth and fine.