Green Curry Paste is a blend of spicy green chilies and herbs and is used only to make Green Curry. Green curry is perhaps the most popular curry in Thailand with Green Curry Beef (Gaeng Keow Wahn Neau) or Green Curry with Fish Dumplings being two popular combinations. Green curry is perhaps the most Thai in the sense that it is so different from the curries of other countries. Serve Green Curry over steamed jasmine rice. Some say this is the hottest curry in Thailand but this is not always true, as this depends on many factors, especially the palate of the cook.
- 15 large green hot chilies
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 9 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp finely sliced galangal
- ½ tsp finely sliced kaffir lime rind
- 1 tsp chopped coriander root
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds
- 1 tsp roasted cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- Combine coriander seeds, cumin and peppercorn in a mortar, pound well.
- Transfer to a bowl and put aside
- Pound hot chilies and salt together well.
- Add the remaining ingredients except shrimp paste, pound until mixed well.
- Add the cumin mixture and shrimp paste, continue pounding until smooth and fine.
Search for Green Curry Paste