- 450 grams chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons black soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup fresh holy basil
- 7 chillies, chopped and pounded coarsely
- Dash of ground white pepper
- 1 cup of bamboo shoots, sliced
- Heat a wok until the oil is hot, then stir in the garlic, and then add chillies.
- Stir another few seconds before adding the chicken and bamboo shoots
- Continue Stir-frying until chicken is cooked throughly.
- and sprinkle black soy sauce over the mixture and stir-fry another 15-20 seconds.
- Then add fresh basil leaves and fish sauce to taste. Stir and mix well.
- Sprinkle with white pepper. Stir and transfer to a serving dish. Normally, Thai people love to eat this dish with steamed rice and fried egg.
Note : You can add more vegetables such as carrot, string bean, baby corn as extra ingredients.