Spicy squid salad or "Yam Pla Meuk" is tasty Thai salad combines squid (calamari), lime juice, sweet onions, mint, ginger and Chinese celery. Adjust the amount of red pepper to suit your personal spicy meter.
- 500 grams squid
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced young ginger
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup short lengths of Chinese celery
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 thinly sliced red spur chilli
- 10 tiny hot chillies, finely pounded
- 3 garlic bulbs, peeled and finely pounded
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
How to cook:
- Remove the skin and the inedible portions of the squids, wash well, crave the flesh in a crosshatch pattern, and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Immerse the squid in boiling water for a short time, then remove and drain.
- Place the squid in a bowl, add the onion, ginger, Chinese celery, and mint leaves, pour on the dressing and toss gently.
- Transfer to a plate, garnish with the spur chilli and you can add lettuce for aside salad and serve.