This Pla-Meuk Phad Khai-khem or Stir-Fried Squid with Salted Eggs Yolk it’s something familiar with Stir-Fried Squid With Roasted Chili Paste or Pla Meuk PadINGREDIENTS:
Nam Prik Paw. But this Thai roasted chili paste recipe is less spicy! The taste are more smoot make it different by salted eggs yolk. But if you still like more spicy just check your spice-o-meter when preparing this paste, adding less fresh chili if you prefer less spicy dishes, adding more chili if you like more spicy. Roasted Chili Paste always makes for excellent Thai chili paste.
- 350 gram squid, cleaned and cut into well pieces
- 3 egg yolks of salted egg, coarsely chopped and mix with 1/4 cup of water, stir until mixed well [egg yolk sauce]
- 1 spring onion, cut into 1" length
- 1 red chili, cut diagnally
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp roasted chili paste
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- cooking oil
- Heat water in a pot unitl boiling, then add squid and wait until nearly cooked. Remove and drain.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic and stir fry until golden.
- Then add spring onions and squid.
- Stir fry for 30 seconds and add oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, roasted chill paste, pepper powder and egg yolk sauce.
- Stir fry until all ingredients mixed well, then add half of sliced red chili and stir for another 10 seconds.
- Don't forget to taste before transfer to serving dish.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with sliced red chili and serve immediately with hot steamed rice.