Here are Roasted Chili Paste or Nam Prik Pow are very important ingredients for many Thai dishes. Always use for cooking STIR-FRY and SOUP menu. It’s a popular thai cuisine. Thai Chili Paste (nam prik pow) is often added to Tom Yum Soup. It is also great with steamed jasmine rice or as a dip for raw or steamed vegetables, pork crackling or crispy rice.
- 5 dried red spur chilies, roasted
- 8 roasted shallots
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp tamarind juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- Pound roasted chilies with salt to a fine paste.
- Add roasted shallots and garlic, and continue to pound until smooth paste
- Add shrimp paste, pound lightly to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan, saute in oil until fragrant. Season and taste with fish sauce, sugar and tamarind juice, stirring well.