Stir-Fried Squid With Roasted Chili Paste or Pla Meuk Pad
Prik Paw. This Thai roasted chili paste recipe is red hot! Check your spice-o-meter when preparing this paste, adding less fresh chili if you prefer less spicy dishes. Roasted Chili Paste makes for excellent Thai chili paste. Nam
- 350 g squid, cut into well pieces
- 50 g spring onion, cut into 1/2" long
- 2 red or yellow chilies, cut diagnally
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp roasted chili paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- cooking oil
- coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add squid and onion together, stir quickly until nearly cooked.
- Be careful not to overcook. You will get the best taste of squid only when the squid is nearly cooked.
- Add roasted chili paste, soy sauce, green onion, chilies, sugar and stir fry for another 2 minute and until all ingredients mixed well.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves on top and serve immediately with steamed rice.