Fried Garlic Squids or Thai called "Pla Muk Tod Kra-tium prik Thai" For those who like squid, this is an easy Thai dish with only a few ingredients. The main flavour is garlic and the squid is very easy to prepare. Children really like them. I like to serve with hot steamed rice. Not spicy menu but taste of pepper and garlic. And it tasty one. This time I using back pepper make taste change a little from ground pepper.
- 400 grams of Cleaned Squids
- 1 tsp minced coriander root
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 ½ tsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp back pepper
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- Cut the squid like squares clean the inside of the squid carefully, remove the beak if it is still present.
- Score the squid with diagonal criss-cross scoring, this will make it more tender and less chewy once cooked.
- Mix together, garlic, fish sauce, pepper, coriander root, then leave to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add clean squids and their marinade, then stir-fry for 2-4 minutes or until mixed.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes and cucumber, then serve immediately with hot steamed rice.
Tip : If you overcook squid it becomes chewy, so only light, short cooking is necessary.