Thai Chili Dipping Sauce Thai call “Num prik noom” Roasted green chili, garlic, onion and tomato pounded in mortar. One of the most popular and spicy dips of Northern Thailand , eaten with sticky rice, fried pork skin and fresh vegetables. (Medium Spicy and up)
- 10 - 15 green chili peppers
- 60 grams garlic
- 7 - 10 red shallots
- ¼ tsp thai shrimp paste
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- fresh vegetables for serving with dipping sauce (cabbage, baby corn, string bean, cucumber, etc.)
- Grill chili pepper, garlic and red shallots until done and aromatic, then peel off the outside skin.
- Use mortar and prestle to crush all ingredients.
- Season with salt and fish sauce.
- You may add lime juice a little bit if you want.
- Transfer to a dipping sauce bowl.
- Serve with Fried Pork Skins and prepared fresh vegetagles (or steamed vegetables) and hot steamed rice (or sticky rice).