Minced Pork With Tomato Sauce and Boiled Vegetables or Thai call is “Nam Prik Ong with Pak Tom”. This recipe of Thai Cooking we playing a crucial role in the balance of hot, salty, sour and sweet taste. The vegetables are traditionally dipped into the relish and then eaten, you can also use fresh or boiled vegetable as you wish. But you might find it easier to use a plate. Because this dish is quite spicy even with just a few chiles, I suggest using the least amount the first time you make the recipe. Enjoy ka.;)
- 300 grams minced pork
- 200 grams cherry tomato
- 100 grams shallots, chopped
- 50 grams dried chili, chopped
- 25 grams minced lemongrass
- 30 grams shrimp paste
- 1 tsp yellow bean sauce
- 40 grams minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 30 grams coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- fresh vegetables (cucumber, carrot, cabbage, string bean, etc.)
- In a food processor, add shallots, shrimp paste, garlic (20 grams), yellow bean sauce, chili, lemongrass and 1/2 cup water.
- Process until all mixed well (fine paste).
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic and stir until golen.
- Then add the paste and stir fry until aromatic.
- Add pork and stir-fry until cooked thoroughly.
- Add tomatoes, water, salt and sugar.
- Keep stirring until the mixture boils.
- Turn down to low heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish on top with coriander leaves.
- Serve with fresh/boiled vegetables and steamed rice (or sticky rice).
- If you like boil vegetable just clean well all your vegetables and drop into boiled water for a few minutes and scoop out, and put into cold water and then ready to serve.
- Enjoy ka.;)