This easy fried rice recipe is popular type of fried rice in Thailand also. Try it and find out what all the fuss is about! This delicious fried rice features Chinese sausage and egg as well as some healthy greens. Any meat can also be added, though it is equally good without. This fried rice recipe includes cooking tips to get your fried rice to taste restaurant-quality (or better!). ENJOY!
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-2 Chinese sausages
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1/2 minced green or red chilli for medium-spiced rice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 lime, wedged and 1 tomato, also wedged
- Cutt Chinese sausage to bite size
- Place oil in a wok. Add garlic and chilli.
- Stir-fry over medium-high heat until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add Chinese Sausages and stir fry until cooked thoroughly.
- Move ingredients aside and crack egg into the wok.
- Stir to cook and break up the egg.
- When egg is nearly cooked, add the rice.
- Stir fry, keeping the heat medium-high.
- Add fish sauce, and tomato, continue to stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the stove.
- Before serving, sprinkle with spring onion, and coriander on top and place cucumber and lemon besides the fried rice.
- Thai people love to serve Fried Rice with chopped chilies in Fish Sauce for better taste.
Tips: For good-quality fried rice, leftover rice is best - anywhere from several days up to 1 week old. The key is to make the rice as dry as possible. If using freshly cooked rice, spread it out in a large bowl and place uncovered in the refrigerator for several hours (or overnight) before frying.