This recipe I adapted from popular Thai steamed recipe "Ho Mok Pla" Thai curries are delicious at the best of times but this one is one of my favourites. But I using prawn for this time. It is quite simple to prepare and takes very little cooking time also.
- 5-8 medium-sized cleaned shrimps, shelled, and deveined
- 1/2 cup fish fillet cut into thin pieces
- 1/2 cup shrimp cut into thin pieces
- 1/3 cup red curry paste
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon red chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (for topping)
- 1/2 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 tablespoon kaffir lime leave, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon coriander leave
- bananaleaf cups (or small cups)
- Prepare the topping by heating coconut milk (1/4 cup) in a pot over low heat. Wait until boiling, add rice flour.
- Stir until mixed well then remove from heat.
- In a big bowl, mix together fish fillet, shrimp (thin pieces), red curry paste, egg, fish sauce, and sugar. Stir until all ingredients mixed well.
- Fill the mixture in the bananaleaf cup and then place the shrimp on the top.
- Put banaleaf cups in the steamer for 15 minutes or until cooked well.
- Remove from the steamer.
- Before serving, pour the prepared coconut milk on top of each cup and sprinkle with red chili, kaffir lime leaves, and coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.