Spicy cockles salad or Yam Hoi Khraeng in Thai. Almost we rare cooking still fresh cockles and already done in the mean time. The taste are spicy, sour and salty and smooth and sweet taste by fresh cockles in your mouth. By the way tradition thai spicy salad we don't use sugar. The taste should be more spicy. Want to taste?? heheheh...
- 800-1000 g. cockles
- 1 lettuce plant
- 1 tbsp.thinly sliced shallot
- 1 tbsp. thinly sliced hot chilli
- 1 tbsp. finely sliced young ginger
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 tsp thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- Soak the cockles in water until they open up and expel any dirt inside. Wash well.
- Heat water in a pot until boiling
- Scald cockles in a boiling water for a few minutes and remove from heat, drain and shell.
- Mix the cockles with the sliced lemon grass, shallot, chilli, fish sauce, and lime juice, toss gentle until all ingredients mixed well and taste...it is tasty? hahaha..
- Spoon the cockles onto the lettuce, sprinkle with mint leaves, kaffir lime leaves.
- Serve immidately with fresh vegetable