I just back from wet market this morning. We did't have any breakfast only a cup of coffee this morning before going to market. My daughter so hungry. I should make easy and fast food for lunch. Even we have lot of things in our freeze. I won't do any special food. Because when people hungry they're easy to be angry. I should do "Pad ka-prao mou + khai dow" or fried ground pork with basil leave and fried egg. This is one plate dish. OK. let's see what I need.
- 450 g ground pork
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons black soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup fresh holy basil
- 7-8 chillies, chopped and pounded coarsely
- Dash of ground white pepper
- Heat a wok until the oil is hot, then stir in the garlic, and then add chillies. Stir another few seconds before adding the ground pork.
- Continue Stir-frying until pork is cooked throughly.
- Add onion and sprinkle black soy sauce over the mixture and stir-fry another 15-20 seconds.
- Then add fresh basil leaves and fish sauce to taste.
- Stir and mix well. Sprinkle with white pepper. Stir and transfer to a serving dish.
- Normally, Thai people love to eat this dish with steamed rice and fried egg. This 2-3 serving.
Tip: You can add more vegetables such as carrot, string bean, baby corn as extra ingredients.