This popular dish, it’s a quick easy to make stir fry of chicken and vegetables seasoned with cashew nuts. This is idea as a side dish for Thai steamed Rice. The name break down as 'Gai' = chicken, 'pad' = fried, 'Med' = seed and 'Med Mamuang Himmapan' means cashew nut. In Thai its just as long a name! “Gai Pad Med Mamuang Himmapan”
- 400 g. chicken meat
- 100 g. fried cashew nuts
- 3 red chillies
- 2 red dry chillies
- 5 stalks spring onion
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Rinse clean chicken, slice thinly.
- Rinse chilli and slice on bias.
- Wash spring onions, cut into small pieces. Peel onion, slice thinly.
- Fry dry chillies until fragrant and cutt into 1-2 cm. leave in the small bowl.
- Heat cooking oil in wok. Stir fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add chicken, cashew nuts, chilli and onion. Stir fry.
- Season with light soy sauce, oyster sauce, and salt.
- Stir fry to mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish with fried cutt chillies on top.