My auntie like to make this dish with sliced liver instead of seafood. I also like the liver it is good for blood. But this time I do myself and trying some new. And I still seafood in my freeze why not to use them? Chinese chive flowers with seafood is an easy dish to make and reheats well in microwave.
- 2 g shrimps
- 2-3 squids, cut
- 1 g Chinese chive flowers, cut
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Chop garlic. Cut the Chinese chive flowers into 1 ½ inch long. Peel and devain shrimp. For a presentation, you can use whole shrimp (with head) and peel.
- Heat a wok or a pan on high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and chopped garlic and stir.
- Add shrimp and squids when the garlic starts to brown. Stir to get the shrimp and squid somewhat cooked. The shrimp shoud start to get pinky but not all pink or cooked.
- Add the chive flowers and stir to cook them.
- Add oyster sauce and fish sauce. The flowers shouldn't take long to cook. You want the flowers to just cook, but not overcook and still retain their crunchiness.
- When the color turns bright green, it indicates that they are cooked.
- Turn off the heat and pour on a plate immediately
- Serve with hot steamed rice
For a vegetarian version, omit the shrimp and substitute salt or soy sauce for fish sauce.