Sour and Spicy fresh pork hock soup or Thais called "Tom Yam Kha Mou"
- 1 kg. Fresh pork hock
- 3 lemon grass cutt/sliced
- 1 Galangal cut/sliced
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 6 red spur chillies, sliced
- 5 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 5 cups water/ Soup
- Singe the hock over a fire until skin turns yellow.
- Scrape with a knife to remove any hair.
- Wash and then cut into diskshaped slices.
- Pour the water or pork soup into a pot.
- Pounded the lemon grass and galangal, slice into short lengths, and add to the pot.
- Tear the kaffir lime leaves into pieces and add to the pot .
- Put in the pork and place the pot over low heat.
- When the water boils, skim off the fat floating on the surface, simmer slowly until the pork is tender, and then remove from the heat.
- Put lime juice and fish sauce in a bowl with sliced spur chillie, pour the hot soup into the bowls, stir gently, taste and season additionally as you like, sprinkle with the coriander leaves and then serve right away.