- 2.5 cups steamed rice
- 4 large prawns
- 1/2 cup bite-sized pineapple pieces
- 6 halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1.5 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 pineapple for making a rice container finely sliced red spur chili and coriander sprigs for garnishing
- Cut a pineapple in half. Take out the flesh to make a rice container with a lid.
- Wash, peel and devein the prawns. Discard the heads; leave the tail fins attached.
- Heat butter in a pan. Fry the onion in the melted butter over medium heat until softened. Add the pineapple and prawns. Fry until they are cooked. Add the curry powder, mix together; then add the steamed rice, fish sauce and sugar Fry and mix together Add the tomatoes and mix again.
- Put the fried rice into the pineapple container Cover with the lid and bake at 300° F for 10 minutes. Remove the lid. Garnish with finely sliced red spur chili and coriander sprigs. Serve hot.