Spicy squid salad in Thai we called "Yam Pla Meuk"
- 500 grams squid
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced young ginger
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup short lengths of Chinese celery
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 thinly sliced red spur chilli
- 10 tiny hot chillies, finely pounded
- 3 garlic bulbs, peeled and finely pounded
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Remove the skin and the inedible portions of the squids, wash well, crave the flesh in a crosshatch pattern, and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Immerse the squid in boiling water for a short time, then remove and drain.
- Place the squid in a bowl, add the onion, ginger, celery, and mint leaves, pour on the dressing and toss gently.
- Transfer to a plate with lettuce, garnish with the spur chilli, carrot and serve.