Pumpkin Curry in Thai called “Kaeng fak thong” With choice of meat: Beef, Chicken, Pork, Tofu, Prawns, or Vegetables as you like.
- 1 tbsp Red Curry paste
- 1 cup Pumpkin slices
- ½ tsp Salt or 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- Chicken or beef
- Sugar or soft brown sugar 1 tsp
- 1 stem Basil Leaves
- ¼ cup Bell Pepper slices
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Boil coconut milk in a pan with medium heat.
- Heat oil in a wok, add red curry paste, stir for 2-3 minutes untill it is cooked.
- Add your choice of meat; chicken, beef, shrimp or tofu .
- Stir until meat is cooked, add boiled coconut milk and pumpkin slices.
- Simmer for 2-4 minutes to soften the pumpkin slices.
- Add fish sauce, sugar to taste.
- Add sweet basil leaves and diagonally sliced bell peppers. Serve with steamed rice.