Tom yum Goong or Thai Spicy Shrimp Soup is a well known dish. It has a delicate flavor, so when you season the soup, add the lime juice last and a little at a time, tasting the soup as you season. Should you add too much to the soup it cannot be corrected, hence make lime juice the last flavoring ingredient.
- 2 cups of Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup quartered Fresh mushrooms.
- 4-5 tbsp.Fish sauce.
- 1/2 cup of Fresh prawns, peeled.
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp Bird's eye chili peppers chopped
- Coriander leaves for spinkles
- 1-2 stalk of lemon grass sliced.
- 3-4 Galangal sliced
- 4 tbsp lime juice.
- Boil the chicken stock in pot. Add kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass sliced and galangal sliced.
- Allow the stock with the herbs to boil for a few minute to allow the herbs to impart their scent to the stock.
- Add fresh mushrooms and boil until done (one minute).
- While the liquid is still boiling add the prawns and season with fish sauce and lime juice. Turn off heat.
- Garnish with bird's eye chili peppers and coriander leaves,
- Serve immediately.