This dish originates in Vietnam and the dipping sauces vary from region to region. Most likely the sauce that you would easily find in your country is plum sauce which comes bottled and ready made. Should the plum sauce be too sweet and not spicy enough simply warm it up and add a little vinegar with chopped hot chili peppers.
- 12 oz. Spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup Ground pork 1 cup
- 1 Egg
- 2 oz. Mung bean noodle (or beanthread)
- 1 cup Green cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 cup Bean sprouts 1 cup
- 1 tbsp. Garlic, chopped.
- 1/2 cup Flour and water paste
- 1-2 tsp.Ground pepper.
- 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce.
- 4 cup vegetable oil.
- Soak the beanthread in water until soft, drain and cut into short lengths.
- Mix together ground pork, egg, cabbage, bean sprouts, ground pepper, soy sauce and beanthread and put aside.
- In a pan heat up a little oil and fry the chopped garlic until aromatic, then add the mixture and fry until cooked and well seasoned. Take this mixture off heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, stuff this filling into the spring roll wrappers and seal with flour paste.
- Fry spring rolls in hot oil until golden brown and drain. Served hot with plum sauce.
Search for Spring roll seasoning