Simple Vegetable Stir-Fry with Tofu - a simple recipe for an easy Chinese-style vegetarian and vegan vegetable stir-fry with tofu in a soy sauce. Feel free to add in whatever vegetables you happen to have on hand, just about any kind of veggie will work for this quick and easy stir-fry recipe.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 block firm or extra-firm tofu, well pressed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup snow pears
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (any kind)
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice and ginger.
- Marinade the tofu in this sauce for at least one hour.
- In a wok or a large skillet, cook the carrots, onion and tofu over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the snow peas, mushrooms, and marinade from the tofu.
- Allow to cook for just a few more minutes.
- Vegetables should be tender but not soft.