BBQ pork rice dish is easy. That has been popular in Thailand as a one plate dish. Which has been influenced by Chinese who living in Thailand. This menu popular for all day dining. Present easy to found on the street food around Bangkok. Sold together with crispy pork with rice. Normally served with rice, boiled eggs, Chinese sausage crispy pork and red sauce. In its authentic Thai version it is a complete meal, however you can also simply use the pork as a side dish to another recipe. It is better to use a pork cut that has some fat, the fat adds a lot of flavor.
Ingredients for BBQ Pork:
- 1 kg. Pork meat with Fat
- 2 tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey syrup
- 1 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1 cup of Water
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce (Ketchup)
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- ½ cup Roasted sesame seeds.
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup Cassava Starch Or Corn Starch
- Wash the pork in clean water, remove and drain. Marinade the pork with Chinese cooking wine, sesame oil, sugar, and honey syrup and garlic chopped. Stir until all ingredients mixed well and let marinated for 2-3 hours.
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Add the marinated pork, occasionally stir, and let simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to the oven. Bake it in the oven medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the oven. Slice the pork into well pieces and then transfer to a serving plate.
To make the red sauce :
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Add 1 cup of water, light soy sauce, tomato ketchup, sesame oil, sugar with the left over marinated sauce (after simmering). Wait until boiling, then pour in Casava flour or corn flour (dissolved in water). Stir until the sauce gets thick. Add Roasted sesame seeds.
- Before serving dress the BBQ pork with red sauce on top hot steamed rice.
- Garnish on top with coriander leaves, serve with boiled egg, slice Chinese Sausage, crispy pork, hot steamed rice and fresh vegetables such as sliced cucumber, and spring onion, and black sweet soy sauce.
- 1 cup Rice Vinegar
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Black sweet soy sauce
- ½ cup sliced chili pepper
Mix all ingredients together and serve with red bbq pork.