This “Sweet pork or Mou Waan” kids favorite and can be served as an appetizer with spicy sauce dip, or served hot as a side dish with rice. Any pork can be used, but we preferably choose meat fatback or Streaky pork that’s moist for instance, a whole loin of pork, or spare ribs.
- 1 Kg. Streaky pork or Fatback or Middle Bacon Cuts are Best
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar (depending on sweet you like)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- ½ cup Water
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- Add water in a pan, follow by sugar, oyster sauce, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cut the pork into small pieces (bite size)
- add to the pan and sweet sauce.
- Cook until the sauce thickens and caramelizes and the pork is cooked.
- Serve as a side dish with hot steamed rice.