Today I like to cook this dish with Frozen shrimp as I already has in my freeze. I also like pork liver it is good for blood. Chinese chive flowers with shrimp is an easy dish to make and reheats well in microwave.
- 10 the frozen shrimps
- 1 g Chinese chive flowers, cut
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Chop garlic. Cut the Chinese chive flowers into 1 ½ inch long.
- Clean wash shrimps. For a presentation, you can use whole shrimp (with head) and peel.
- Heat a wok or a pan on high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and chopped garlic and stir.
- Add shrimp when the garlic starts to brown.
- Stir to get the shrimp somewhat cooked.
- The shrimp shoud start to get pinky but not all pink or cooked.
- Add the chive flowers and stir to cook them.
- Add oyster sauce and fish sauce. The flowers shouldn't take long to cook.
- You want the flowers to just cook, but not overcook and still retain their crunchiness.
- When the color turns bright green, it indicates that they are cooked.
- Turn off the heat and pour on a plate immediately
- Serve with hot steamed rice
For a vegetarian version, omit the shrimp and substitute salt or soy sauce for fish sauce.