Thieve's spicy salad funny recipe name in Thai called "Yam Khamoi"
Thieve's = Khamoi in Thai. Spicy salad we called "Yam"
- 100 g. thin slices of boiled pork
- 100 g. thin slices of boiled prawn
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 lettuce plant
- 2 cucumbers and sliced
- 1 onion and cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 thinly sliced red spur chilli
- 2 red spur chillies
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1/2 tbsp. pounded coriander root
- 3 pepper corns
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp vinegar
Pound the chillies, garlic, coriander root and pepper corns until well ground add the sugar, fish sauce, vinegar and lime juice and stir to mix. Taste and adjust as required.
- Wash the lettuce and cut into short pieces. Wash and peel the cucumber and slice diagonally.
- Place the pork, prawn, lettuce, cucumber, onion and coriander and mint leaves together in a bowl and add the dressing and toss gently.
- Transfer to a plate, garnish with slices of egg and spur chilli and serve.