This is fresh water fish soup in Thai called “Tom Yam Pla Chawn”
- 1 serpent-head fish weighing about 300 g.
- 3 roasted shallots
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. tamarind juice
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 lemon grass stalk, cut diagonally into ½ inch-thick slices.
- 1 spring shallot, sliced coarsely
- 1 eryngo plant, sliced coarsely
- 5-6 crisp fried dried hot chillies
- 2 cups water
- Scale, clean and wash the serpent-head, and cut across the body into ½-inch-thick sliced.
- Put the water in a pot and bring to a boil. Put in the lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves and shallots. When it returns to a boil, put in fish. Season with the tamarind juice, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Add the spring shallots, eryngo and crisp fried dried not chilli, stir everything to gether and remove from the heat. Pour into a bowl. And serve.